Burst Pipes

Burst pipes are a common cause of home insurance claims and a major factor in home and property damage. Burst pipes occur mostly in winter conditions when the water in the pipes expands more often with freezing causing the pipe to split or burst. Whether it’s a burst pipe or a leak from shower pipework, tap, dishwasher, etc., water damage can cause many issues such as structural damage, rot, mould growth, mildew, and rust and can even cause electrical problems.

A burst pipe or water leak can cause water damage as small as a ceiling stain to much larger structural damage with subsidence following. Devine Claims Consultants has the relevant experience with burst pipe insurance claims. Our expert and knowledgeable loss assessors will effectively determine the extent of the damage caused. With our in-depth knowledge of burst pipes and water damage insurance claims and insurance company’s settlement procedures, we will negotiate on your behalf to maximise your entitlement under your insurance policy.

If your home has been damaged by a burst pipe or other water damage then contact Devine Claims Consultants before you make a claim

Devine Claims Consultants – Water Damage Claims

When your home is damaged it can very difficult to know what to do. Depending on the extent of the damage it can be a long time before your house is repaired and begins to feel like home again. This is not helped by the insurance claims process. Even the smallest of claims can lead to some complications. Handling this on your own can be stressful and tiring, and in the end, many receive far less than they are entitled to without our assistance.

Devine Claims Consultants has many year of applicable experience performing this loss assessment service. Our expert and knowledgeable loss assessors will effectively determine the extent of the damage caused by the burst pipe or leak, even damage that may not be obvious to you at first. We have an in-depth knowledge of burst pipe and water damage claims and ensure that you receive the full settlement that you are entitled to.

Frequently Asked Questions about Water Leak Claims

  • Is a leak covered by my home insurance?

    Most insurance policies will cover sudden or unexpected water damage caused by a leak, burst pipe or plumbing emergency. However, some do not cover damage that occurred gradually from a slow, long leak. Make sure you read your insurance policy carefully to see what kind of water damage you are covered for. 

  • Are my contents covered for water damage or just the building?

    This will depend on the type of home insurance policy you have. If you have buildings insurance then only the structure of your home is covered. If you have contents insurance then only your belongings are covered. If you have building and contents insurance then everything will be covered for water leaks and damage claims. The insurance company will have to pay to replace or repair anything that the water leak or burst pipe damaged.  

  • Can I handle my water leak insurance claim myself?

    Absolutely you can look after the water damage insurance claim yourself without the assistance of a loss assessor. However, water damage insurance claims are an extremely complicated procedure, and insurance companies will always take steps to minimise the amount of compensation they pay. By hiring a professional loss assessor, like Devine Claims Consultant, you will have an experienced industry expert fighting in your corner and working to maximise your compensation.